The Big Star Lake Association will be hosting our first ever Big Star Lake Poker Run on Saturday, August 7. I have included the rules below to give you a better understanding of how the event works:
Rules for the Poker Run:
The Poker Run will begin at 2 p.m.
- Boats will proceed around the lake, using your home as starting point, until you have located all 5 stops.
- Each stop will be identified by balloons, decorations, etc. at the end of the dock.
- Participants will draw a card at each stop and the host will mark the Tally Sheet.
- No duplicate cards can be used. Participants must draw an additional card if identical card is drawn.
(EXAMPLE: If an Ace of Spades is picked at the second stop and an Ace of Spades is picked at the fourth stop, the participant must pick another card at the fourth stop).
- If playing more than one hand, you must present the appropriate Poker Hand Tally Sheet to be marked BEFORE each card is drawn.
- In the event of a tie, winning hand will be determined by cutting a deck of cards and drawing a card. Highest card will determine winner between tied hands.
- Participants will proceed to Tall Oaks Camp (by water) between 4 and 4:30 to turn in Tally Sheets. You can motor close to shore and someone will collect your sheets.
- Once you have turned in your Tally Sheets, please anchor close to shore.
- Winners will be announced shortly after 4:30 p.m. There will be cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. In addition, the 50/50 winner will be announced and several other prizes awarded using the 50/50 tickets. The more 50/50 tickets you buy, the better your chances!
I will be outside of Mr. Bibs the following days/times registering people for the poker run. The cost is $10 per hand. Each participant can purchase more than one hand.
Saturday, July 24 9-10 a.m. and 7-8 p.m.
Sunday, July25 9-10 a.m.
Saturday, July 31 9-10 a.m. and 7-8 p.m.
Sunday, August 1 9-10 a.m.
Thursday, August 5 7-8 p.m.
Friday, August 6 7-8 p.m.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to sign up at these times and would like to participate, or if you have any questions.
We hope to see you on August 7!
BSLA Board Member